Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Fitness formula for Summers




They don’t call them lazy, hazy days of summer without cause.

Now that we’re at the halfway point, for many of us our fitness routine goes on vacation for the summer.

Unfortunately, the summer season often presents a difficult time of year to maintain a fitness regimen. Much of the difficulty appears to be in maintaining a routine.

“Between vacations, keeping the kids entertained on break, and other summertime events, fitness often gets pushed to the proverbial back burner,” says Dr. Puneet Nayak, CMD, Prettislim clinic.

“It seems that most people associate weight gain with wintertime and the holiday season and summertime as the season of bikini bodies and being more active. But recent studies have now found that summertime weight gain is very common and many people gain more weight in the summer than they do during the winter holiday," he adds.

What are the common reasons for summer weight gain? According to Dr. Nayak, vacations, less regimented workout routines and increased alcohol and bad food consumption.

Finding it difficult to maintain your fitness routine in summer? You're not alone.

Dr. Nayak, shares his tips at HealthyDunia.com, on how to keep the momentum going to avoid summertime weight gain & maintain the fitness levels in Summer Months:

• Eat lots of fruits, veggies to stay active

Soaring temperatures make people lazy, so it’s time to make some dietary changes to stay fit during summer. Diet is vital for maintaining fitness. Maintaining healthy eating habits ultimately contributes to good health. Eating habits should change from season to season to maintain the fitness.

Beat the summer heat with eating right food, and intake healthy fluids. The single easiest way to trim calories from your summer diet is to load up on nature’s bounty. Delicious fruits and vegetables abound at farmers' markets and in your local grocery.

Besides being low in calories, summer diets should be loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber. Add selective fruits and vegetables to everyday diet that can show up great results. Especially foods that have higher water content help one keep hydrated. Fruits and veggies like strawberries, watermelon, orange, raspberry; Zucchini, radish, spinach etc are rich in water content. Eating fruits and vegetables high in water content can replenish your body without all the artificial colors and flavors commonly found in sports drinks. The biggest advantage of consuming high water content foods is that they contain minimal calories and provide a feeling of fullness.


• Watch the Booze & Cola
Somehow we forget that alcohol is high in calories. In actuality, alcohol has 7 calories per gram. Fat is obviously higher at 9 calories per gram but even proteins don’t have that high of a caloric count. Proteins and carbohydrates both share 4 calories per gram. So be aware of the alcohol you drink because those calories will sneak up on you.

Many soft drinks contain diluted phosphoric acid, which damages the inner lining of the digestive tract and, therefore, affects its functions. This increases phosphorous levels in the blood. This separates calcium from the bones and moves it into the blood.

Our bodies need fluids - and water is undoubtedly the best. When it is hot, when you are playing sport, or on any other occasions when you lose excessive fluid through perspiration, your requirement increases and you need to drink even more water or other fluids, like coconut water. It helps you keep a clear head and makes you feel more energetic and less irritable.


• Exercise
Exercising stays the most important to maintain fitness and stay healthy. 
Walking, running, biking, and hiking will get your heart pumping, and also treat your senses to vibrant foliage, crunchy leaves underfoot, and fresh fall smells in the air.

During summers opt for beach yoga, swimming etc to manage your weight. Vigorous exercise in hot and humid conditions can lead to heat stress, avoid exercising in the middle of the day when the sun is hottest, usually between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.


• Plan Ahead
Summertime usually brings on vacations and for some, an increased social schedule. It is imperative that you plan your exercise session in advance. Plan to spend about an hour a day doing some form of exercise either outdoors or indoors preferably outdoors to ensure adequate vitamin D from the sun. If you are traveling, see what classes are provided and what sports /dance classes are available at the hotel or resort. Most of the time, there is something for everyone, so plan ahead.


• Get a good night's sleep
It is observed that people take 8 hours of sleep daily lost weight faster than people who don’t

• Curd and yoghurt are cool
Include some form of curd or yoghurt in your meals. Buttermilk is another great cooler. Besides tasting delicious, it has several health benefits too. Add a dash of mint to enhance the taste. Mint has its own benefits.

Having a glass of buttermilk or chaas just before stepping out into the sun, helps prevent dehydration.



• Maintain good food-hygiene levels

Maintain good food-hygiene levels. Many dangerous bacteria and viruses thrive in the summer months as the temperature is conducive for their growth. The bad bugs usually enter the body through food and water. This is why maintaining food hygiene is crucial in this season. All the health benefits that you get from eating light summer food may be wasted if you fall sick because you've eaten food that is not fresh.



• Don’t Go to the Party Hungry
This is kind of like going the supermarket hungry. You just eat the wrong foods because you are starving.

If you are health conscious, then they probably won’t have anything you like anyway.

Be satisfied, eat exactly what you want before you go. Also learn to say No, with a smile, to the Food Pusher at the Party.




• Audit your Weight
Many people don’t like to know the exact number on the scale but these days you have to audit everything about your body in order to stay in good health. Knowing vital body statistics can save your life one day.





Content Author : Prettislim 

24 comments:

  1. Hi Friends, Madhvi jadhav I am a banker had bulgy shape body. I tried numerous weight loss program were I fail to lose weight. One of my client has told me about Prettislim clinic and there U – Lipo treatment This treatment has made me lose good inches lost on my Tummy and thighs which was my main concern and got rid of my stubborn fat with best result and even you shed your lazy and laid back attitude you feel younger, Lighter and more agile your body language says it all .Everyone around me is inspired by me and I had started consulting my friends and relatives about this U – lipo treatment No sideeffect and no Complaint. Thanks a lot Prettislim clinic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on a weight plateau recently neither gaining nor losing, and thinking that maybe I could try out a diet. This is a new experience for me, because I have never dieted in my entire life. I have always managed to maintain a good physique solely through exercise alone. But time and a kid has caught up with me too and hence the need to browse through diet books only diet was not working failed to lose bulgy fat and tired of heavy weight .Had joined Prettislim clinic U – Lipo body shaping program were I lost good inches from my waist and thighs and I lost 5 kg . All my trousers have become loose. Started coming into shape .Started wearing my old outfits was happy to see myself in good shape. I am happy to get fit in spite of my busy scheduled. This happens just because of U – Lipo body shaping treatment Thanks Prettislim team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very happy to see myself back in shape. Great results in Prettislim clinic U – Lipo tummy tuck Treatment. I lost good inches with 5 kg with the latest treatment U – Lipo tummy tuck which is safe, with no side effects. Due to my menopausal period, I had put on 7 - 8 kgs & used to feel irritated, tired, bloated. As I joined Prettislim clinic, U – Lipo Treatment, I got good results & all my problems went off. I had allotted with Dietician she was so soft spoken, she helped me in my diet, my confidence level increased. My Dietician was so helpful; she gave me variety of food options that I can choose. I did not felt like I am on diet. I enrolled for another 6 sessions of Treatment, I reduced 10kgs & lot many inches on lower body. I am thankful to everyone at Prettislim clinic who has helped me to get in shape back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are looking to see yourself slim and fit the way I experienced in Prettislim clinic U – Lipo tummy tuck which made me lose inches and 8 kg in next couple of months. Treatment is painless with no side effect just to relax and take the treatment no heavy exercise. Only after treatment 20 min walking once a week. After getting result had renewed for 6 more session was really happy seeing good result which I achieved. Clinic is hygienic Doctors; Dietician and staff members all are cooperative. Particularly noteworthy was the service with a smile there staff members that make you feel comfortable. I had recommended to my wife she has also got good result she also has no complain about it. Good luck Prettislim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After Joining Prettislim clinic U - lipo tummy tuck changed my whole attitude on working out. U – lipo tummy tuck program is non surgical once in a week treatment is with no side effect. I lost my waist size from 38 to 34 which was making me really happy now I don’t complaint about my weight anymore feel so great to see in shape. Lost weight which was not promised .Not only has my body changed, but I feel more positive I have never looked or felt better in my life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prettislim clinic suggested me advance latest treatment u – lipo body shaping program with no pain and no sideeffect treatment is very relaxing, dieticians and doctors supported me with proper diet then I reduced 8 kgs with expected inch loss. happy to see myself slim and fit . Thank u Prettislim clinic and their best team for motivating me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been a wonderful experience so far .The doctors and dieticians support is fabulous .Prettislim has pioneered this technique and will continue to stand ahead of competition .All the best

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since the time I have join U – lipo as help me to lose 7kgs in period of 5 month overall lose of 45 cms from tummy and 25 cms from thighs this make me feel very light and comfortable and reduce my knee pain and also I am able to fit into may old clothes and also I have a got a very good result in face and chin treatment as got many compliment from my friends and my children. Thanks for the staff of Prettislim.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lost 7 kgs All my old shirts became loose for me All my friends started complimenting me .No I can wear all my T shirts .My health has become good this is just because of U Lipo .Now I don’t have any health issue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My weight was 121 kgs before visiting Prettislim with 3 session it was reduced by nearly 5 kgs and 10 cm reduction in my circumference .Dietician helped me a lot in my diet Overall all my confidence level has increased.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyable experience in trained professional set up .If you want to get away and let others to the work on your body so that you can get enjoy the result this is it!! The results speak for themselves since I have lost 5 kgs already and 40 cms all over and counting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My name is Pramila venkat .Dietician Nikita had taught me about eating in a right way It was so easy; easy to take the food to work and stay on the Protocol of diet with my day to day activities. so I wasn’t craving anything. I do realize it was a small sacrifice and for only a very short period of time. but when i started noticing difference in my body i was actaually turning into good shape was feeling so good and lots of compliments which gave me more confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prettislim and their wonderful team, Renu dietician helped me learn what it feels to look back in shape.how to change my lifestyle my food habits towards nutrition and believed in me every step of the way. I feel like I can do anything. I think about how the amazing program developed through Prettislim U-lipo helped me reach my goal. I probably have one amazing reward for every inches of weight that I have lost. Well, fit into the size 28 jeans that made me happy . They are simply just excellent Thanks Renu .

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the sessions taken were careful done and executed really well by Dr Ankita mehta. Also she has been a great source of motivation

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I lost a size in 10 days .Very happy with the treatment and recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so pleased, not only have I lost weight, but I have dissolved the fat that where bothering me. I am so happy I have done this. I want some weight to take off and want a for sure plan, were i can stick to it, it was U-lipo it really works.I lost weight, skin looked great and felt amazingly wonderful. This all is just because of Prettislim .

    ReplyDelete
  17. My journey is 1 and half month old with Prettislim Its great to be a part of this healthy family .I have lost 4.5 kg so far and good inch loss on my tummy .My friends complimenting me and I feel healthy and energetic .It’s nice to see your clothes losing and motivating you to fit into some stylish garments .looking forward for a great support from this team to help me losing 20 kgs atleast .Thank you team Komal Dr snehal and yes continuous monitoring Dr Breina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Feeling great

    ReplyDelete
  19. My review is merely intended to share the fact that I have got excellent result with Prettislim U-lipo program works wonders on me . I genuinely wish luck all who want to lose weight and get fit in your journey. As always, I really hope i should able to find the food plan that becomes a life style and is easy to adapt my family. Good luck team Prettislim

    ReplyDelete
  20. Working out in gym been for years, but ended up at the point where nothing was making me lose my weight. Prettislim wonderful program really work. I highly recommend them who want to lose weight , The staff are wonderful and know how you feel. I especially adore Neena dietician, she has helped me to understand the weight loss process much more, and what it takes to maintain a healthy weight.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I Have had two session for my tummy and have been following the diet plan suggested .I have lost 3.5kgs and also reduced the tummy size .So for my experience has been quietly satisfactory .I completed all the session

    ReplyDelete
  22. Before joining Prettislim my weight was 79 kgs when I joined I had seen difference in my body my weight has come down to 69 kg had lost 10 kg and my waist was 40 inch and now it is 36 inch my clothes had become loose after completing session 3 days U – lipo diet, Protein supplement and seeds of life make vast difference before coming here my tummy was so bulgy that’s why was getting problem to walk staircase I use to get tired soon but now I can easily walk staircase and not even getting tired on walk .Friends and relatives gives lots of compliments .I would recommend others to join Prettislim you will definitely get results.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It has been good in terms of getting the body energized and Light but some complications also have developed like astro arthritis but still feeling lighter and energized . Altogether it has been a fantastic experience with Prettislim.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very very satisfied with my results.

    ReplyDelete